The StoCoat Lotusan exterior coating possesses a highly water-repellent surface similar to that of the lotus leaf. Its microstructure has been modeled on the lotus plant to minimize the contact area for water and dirt. The surface additionally offers enhanced hydrophobic properties.
Lotus-Effect® technology: Dirt simply runs off with the water that falls on the façade. The façade remains dry and attractive. Even on sides which are particularly exposed to the weather.
- Very high level of water- and dirt-repellence after drying of the coating.
- Highly resistant to soiling, pronounced self-cleaning effect.
- Resists the growth of mold, mildew, and algae.
- Excellent weather and chalk resistance, UV-stable.
- Ideal for new construction and recoat projects over concrete, stucco, EIFS, and fiber cement board and primed or pre-painted wood substrates.
- High water vapor permeability.
- Smooth matte (flat) surface.
- Available in virtually any color including custom color matches.
- Can be recoated with traditional acrylic based paints, though with the loss of the self cleaning properties of the Lotus-Effect® technology.
The problem with conventional exterior paints: The soiling of the façade becomes increasingly visible over time. On weather exposed sides in particular, microorganisms find an ideal environment for colonization in the form of adequate moisture and nutrients from dirt deposits.
The Lotus-Effect® technology on façades: Water and dirt flow off immediately. The façade remains dry and attractive.